Mercury retrograde is near us! *cue horror music* Ah yes, the time of the year that tends to put everyone in a panic, is coming right in time for the holidays. Why, though, you might ask? What exactly does it mean? How does it affect us?
All planets go retrograde, but of all of them, Mercury seems to garner the most attention. Mercury retrograde seems to impact people more than the other planets, because it rules communication, awareness, negotiating, travelling–so when Mercury retrogrades (it slows down, and appears to stop and move backwards), everything else go backwards. The disorder Mercury creates when it retrogrades can affect what we feel, here on Earth.
This typically occurs three to four times a year, so for this year, you should keep track of the following dates: December 19, 2016 to January 8, 2017, April 9, 2017 to May 3, 2017, August 12, 2017 to September 5, 2017 and December 3, 2017 to December 22, 2017.
What happens when Mercury retrograde?
- Things get misinterpreted
- Contract issues
- Traveling delays occur
- Car repairs
- Forgetfulness can be a problem
- Computers go on a fritz
What should you do during Mercury retrograde?
- Don’t make any important moves during this period.
- Take some time and reflect and focus on your dreams and goals.
- Hold off on signing any contracts, partnerships and any huge purchases.
- Backup computer files.
- Try not to jump to conclusions or take anything personal.
- Reconnect with old friends and family.
We have about 3 1/2 weeks until Mercury goes direct, so just remember that Mercury Retrograde is not always a scary time. Sometimes things work in our favor, so use this time carefully to reflect, reconnect and to get reorganized.